Study Room Use and Reservation Policy
The library has group study rooms on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors.
Study rooms are meant for groups of two or more students working on elements relevant to coursework or UB's academic mission. Individuals using a group study room may be asked to leave if a group of two or more wants to use the room and there are no other group study rooms available.
Study rooms are meant for University of Baltimore students, staff and faculty. Groups that include at least one University of Baltimore student, staff or faculty with a Bee Card have priority over groups that do not.
- UB students can make reservations through the Appointment Tool in MyUB (see lightbulb icon)
- UB faculty and staff can ask library staff to reserve rooms for them. Group study rooms are not for use as a regularly scheduled classroom location.
- Each individual student can reserve rooms for no more than 2 hours/day.
- Room reservations must be made at least one day in advance.
- The study rooms schedule is on the Appointment Tool
Unreserved study rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Rooms are self-monitoring. We will ask users to manage room occupancy and ask others to leave if the room is reserved. In cases where there are problems, users are referred to the Information Desk.
- If someone doesn’t show up for a room reservation after 15 minutes, the reservation is forfeited.