Collection Title: Baltimore Association of Commerce (BAC)
Inclusive Dates: 1924-1980
Size: 8.25 linear feet
Scope and Contents:
Minutes, reports, audits and membership lists.
The principal business and civic organization of Baltimore, the Baltimore Association of Commerce was the result of the merger of the Board of Trade of Baltimore with the Merchants and Manufacturers Association in 1923. The latter organization published Baltimore magazine from its inception in 1907 and the Association continued to publish this periodical as well as monograph reports on Baltimore. In 1964, indicating its interest in Baltimore County and adjoining Maryland counties, the BAC became the Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Baltimore.
The collection was donated to the University of Baltimore by the Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Baltimore on January 23, 1978.