Collection Title: Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Baltimore (CCMB)
Inclusive Dates: 1960-1980
Size: 57 linear feet
Scope and Contents:
Correspondence, minutes, administrative files, financial records, housekeeping records, industry analyses, certifications of import and reference files of Baltimore’s principal business organizations.
The Baltimore Association of Commerce, the result of the merger of the Baltimore Board of Trade with the Merchants and Manufacturers Association in 1924, became the Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Baltimore in 1964. The Chamber functions to promote civic, commercial, industrial and transportation development of the Baltimore metropolitan area.
The records of the Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Baltimore were deposited at the University's Baltimore Regional Institutional Studies Center in 4 accessions between 1974 and 1978. The collection was donated to the University of Baltimore on January 23, 1978.