Collection Title: Citizens Housing Council of Baltimore (CHCB)
Inclusive Dates: 1940-1941
Size: 0.625 linear feet
Scope and Contents:
Minutes, resolutions, correspondence
The Citizens Housing Council was proposed by a group of social workers in early 1940 to advocate better standards for low-income housing in Baltimore. The Council incoporated in May 1940 with 120 members. In the summer of 1941, it merged with the Citizens Planning & Redevelopment Association to form the Citizens Planning & Housing Association.
The collection was donated to the University of Baltimore by the Citizens Planning & Housing Association on November 24, 1980.