Skip to content
Langsdale Library

GBC Collection Overview

Collection Title: Greater Baltimore Committee (GBC)

Inclusive Dates: 1955-1972

Size: 82.8 linear feet

Scope and Contents:  
Correspondence subcommittee minutes and reports, cartographic records, case files, consultant reports, federal grant applications, survey returns, special project files, general files, housekeeping records, and photographic slides. 

Historical Note:  
The GBC is a private organization composed of commercial, industrial, and professional leaders, founded in 1955 to further development and renewal in Baltimore and other areas of Maryland.

Custodial History:  
The records of the Greater Baltimore Committee were deposited at the University's Baltimore Regional Institutional Studies Center in 13 accessions between 1972 and 1975. The collection was donated to the University of Baltimore by Ruvelle S. Falcone on January 30, 1975.