Collection Title: League of Women Voters (LWV)
Inclusive Dates: 1922-2000
Size: 44.3 linear feet
Scope and Contents:
Correspondence, administrative files, minutes, biographies, research reports, directories, publications, and reference materials related to the League of Women Voters of Baltimore City. To a lesser extent, documents from the state and national levels of the organization may also exist in the collection.
Founded in 1920, the League of Women Voters grew out of National American Women's Sufferage Association. It is a voluntary and nonpartisan association that works to affect public policy through education and advocacy. The LWV provides nonpartisan studies related to the electoral process and the functions of government in order to encourage active citizen participation in their government.
The Board of the League of Women Voters decided to deposit their collection with the Baltimore Region Institutional Studies Center (BRISC) at the University of Baltimore in January 1976. The records transfer was handled by Jane Seipp on April 1, 1976.