Collection Title: Maryland Council of Churches (MCC)
Inclusive Dates: 1904-1971
Bulk Dates: 1919-1971
Size: 154.4 linear feet
Scope and Contents:
Minutes, correspondence, administrative files, financial records, publications, reference materials and photographs
The Maryland Council of Churches is a cooperative effort of Protestant and Orthodox Christian denominations in Maryland, with activities toward ecumenicism, social relations, urban and rural ministry, church planning, and migrant ministry.
The records of the Maryland Council of Churches were deposited at the University's Baltimore Regional Institutional Studies Center in 4 accessions between 1971 and 1977. The collection was donated to the University of Baltimore by Walter C. Houck on October 8, 1973.
The collection has been organized into 5 series plus a newspaper index: