Everything you want to know about who we are.
Library Profile: 2016
- visited Langsdale 109,329 times, averaging 600 visitors on a semester weekday
- used Langsdale’s computers 70,154 times
- borrowed laptops 509 times, and iPads 88 times
- used Langsdale 29,670 times for studying (non-computing areas)
- used Langsdale 21,404 times for group study
- made 120,363 visits to Langsdale’s website and viewed 312,607 pages, including 9,985 for Special Collections.
- viewed 21,511 digital items (page views) from UB’s Special Collections and viewed photographs from UB’s Flickr site 75,985 times and video footage from the Internet Archive 32,023 times
- borrowed and renewed almost 16,094 UB and USM materials
- received 3,573 items through intercampus borrowing and 5,773 items through Interlibrary loan
- viewed e-books 3,534 times
- asked 19,570 reference questions (which includes questions asked of Circulation and Special Collections).
Our faculty and staff:
- taught 112 course-related instruction sessions with 2,045 students
- taught 10 sections of INFO 110 and 41 WRIT 300 sections
- processed 7,991 volumes (print and electronic books, print journals, games, and DVDs)
- processed 1,317 new reserve items (electronic, streaming media and print)*
*this does not include reposting existing items
For more information, see Langsdale's annual report.