Everything you want to know about who we are.
Library Profile: 2015
- visited Langsdale 104,000 times, averaging 540 visitors on a semester weekday
- used Langsdale’s computers 37,934 times (including use of 593 loanable laptops and tablets) while 16,658 used their own laptops in the building
- used Langsdale 21,633 times for studying (non-computing areas)
- used Langsdale 13,884 times for group study
- made 118,129 visits to Langsdale’s website—an average of almost 400 visits per day—and viewed 032,261 pages, including 18,820 for Special Collections. Approximately 8% of the traffic came through the library’s presence in Sakai; almost 8% from our mobile site
- viewed 36,570 digital items (page views) from UB’s Special Collections and viewed photographs from UB’s Flickr site 105,199 times and video footage from the Internet Archive 31,158 times
- borrowed and renewed almost 22,280 UB and USM materials
- accessed 40,002 electronic reserves, viewed 4776 streaming DVDs, and checked out 1780 reserve books, for a total of 46,558 items accessed
- received 4029 items through intercampus borrowing and 3687 through the expedited courier service, and 4287 items through Interlibrary loan
- purchased 353 e-books through our demand-driven purchase plan
- asked 30,323 reference questions (which includes questions asked of Circulation and Special Collections).
Our faculty and staff:
- taught 139 course-related instruction sessions with 2265 students, an increase of 29% from FY 2014
- taught 10 sections of INFO 110 and 44 WRIT 300 sections
- processed and compressed 1114 linear feet of archival records to 625 linear feet
- processed 6257 volumes (print and electronic books, print journals, games, and DVDs)
- processed 1754 new reserve items (electronic, streaming media and print)*
*this does not include reposting existing items
For more information, see Langsdale's annual report.